Work Related Injury Treatment in Staten Island
Every year, millions of Americans suffer from a work injury. The cause of a work-related injury will vary, but the most common causes or risk factors include repetitive or demanding physical tasks (especially if that involves carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and overhead tasks), poor body mechanics, falls, poor workspace environment set-up, workspace hazards, and job-related accidents. Our team at Touchstone Rehabilitation & Health Center is here to help!
Common Work Related Injuries
- Shoulder injury and pain: dysfunction in the shoulder frequently occurs in workers who must perform repetitive tasks overhead.
- Low back pain: the risk of developing chronic or acute back pain occurs in almost any work setting, whether a person has a highly active job or even a sedentary desk job.
- Whiplash: drivers and other workers operating heavy machinery may sustain whiplash if involved in an accident. Symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness, headaches or migraines, and dizziness.
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains: musculoskeletal injuries are common across a broad spectrum of occupations. Sprains and strains can occur due to falls, overexertion, accidents, tripping and slipping, and being struck with objects.
Getting Treatment in Staten Island
Depending on the type and severity of injury, a person dealing with a work-related injury has many treatment options. These may include:
- Chiropractic Services: a doctor of chiropractor evaluates and treats disorders of the body using drug-free and all-natural treatment approaches. A chiropractor treating someone with a work-related injury will employ a variety of techniques to promote healing and prevention, including chiropractic adjustments, corrective exercise prescription, therapeutic modalities like ultrasound and electrical stimulation, and patient education on correct body mechanics and workspace modification.
- Holistic Treatment: holistic treatment of someone suffering from work-related injuries may include the use of alternative medicine (such as herbal remedies), as well as nutritional, psychological, and lifestyle counseling in order to address the “whole person” behind the injury.
- Physical Therapy: physical therapists use manual techniques as well as therapeutic exercises to promote tissue healing and improve the strength and endurance of a person’s key musculature.
- Massage Therapy: massage is an effective method for stress reduction and the promotion of healing throughout the body. Massage can be especially helpful for workers suffering from chronic back pain or acute soft tissue injuries.
- Acupuncture: this ancient technique–involving systematic placement of thin sterile needles into the skin, restoring the body’s hormonal and biological balance and reduces symptoms including pain and headaches.
- Epidural Injections: epidural steroid injections are frequently used to reduce pain and inflammation in people with nerve and spine-related pain.
Stop by Touchstone Rehabilitation & Health Center Today!
At Touchstone Rehabilitation & Health Center, we believe that every person deserves to live a pain-free and productive life. If you’ve been injured at work, call our Staten Island, NY office today at 718-356-9222 to set up an appointment. Let us help you get the healing you deserve.